Thursday, June 17, 2010

Knitting College

Signed up for knitting college at The Lion Brand Yarn Studio.

Knitting I & II and III (beginners).

Why? When I obviously do know how to knit?

Because we weren't taught at school. Not properly. It mostly consisted of writing reams of patterns down and not knowing what the difference between k2tog and p2tog was.

Because I only know the long tail cast on and knit/purl bind off.

Because I know very little about gauge and yarn. Heck, we only got acrylic back home, and here I am, surrounded by cotton, hemp, silk and bamboo.

Because I can't block. I do what I think is steam blocking but that's about it.

What the heck are grafting, Kitchener stitch and why are cables so complicated? what are short rows?

Lord, seems like I know nothing. Anyway, 1 class may not solve all my woes, but its a step forward.

Because I really do enjoy knitting. I find it relaxes me.

Except when I make a mistake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment