Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ode to a pink lemonade


Update: Drinking pink lemonade from a green glass, and now that there's very little left, it looks like a mint julep. No, absinthe. Welcome, summer, into my glass!



It’s been a long time, weeks of deciding; okay I AM going to do this today and following slumps into lethargy. What’s a girl to do? Too much leisure, that’s what I have, and the result is…sopoforic. I feel so sleepy all day it isn’t funny.

What’s a girl to do then? I said that already. This is everyone with a knife (metaphorical only, of course) at my back. What would my husband say if he knew I was trying (ahem) to write again? Would he cheer or shrug his shoulders, ah well, you can but try, and patting me on the head move on to some serious Topgear on telly. Well, I can but try.

I credit my inspiration today to this brilliant pink lemonade—fancy stuff all right, with ice cubes bobbing on it demurely, looking elegant in a brandy glass.


It’s such a nice day out, surprisingly. It was all cloudy and intermittent rain yesterday, resulting in one of those ‘I can’t decide if I want to duvet or not, too hot or too cold’ nights. And now, here comes the sun, there’s ever so many boats on the water which actually looks a bit blue if I stretch my imagination. It’s calling me to the nearest starbucks, coffee in hand, resting in the shade by the lighthouse. It’s calling for gelatos and skirts whispering round the knees, book in hand and a lazy sleep.

As if I don’t get enough sleep already.

Well maybe I can just stare at the pretty doggies. And miss my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment