Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shiny new swift and a new pattern

Lots of updates, since I haven't written in a while. Finished my first felted slipper socks/clogs. they were HUGE, Hagrid sized but after felting are very thick and warm and will (hopefully) keep my feet toasty in the winter months. My hands and feet are already cold...and it is only fall. :(

Got navy blue bulky wool from knitpicks to make Lia. Gauge swatch finished and just CO. Row gauge is a bit off, my swatch is slightly longer but it should be okay. Could not figure out the stretchy/slingshot type cast on recommended, so used a knitted cast on (my knitted CO tends to be way loose anyway).

But here's why i am so happy today: My knitpicks swift finally turned up today...wooooooo hooooo! Used it to wind 3 hanks already and am so thrilled with it. Tried using chairs and the husband to wind a hank of bulky and sock yarn respectively with equally disastrous results. complements the knitpicks ball winder perfectly. Am so glad i have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment